For ages: 12-17
Format: Paperback | 48 pages
Dimensions: 22.3 x 29.4 x 0.5cm
Publication date: 15 Aug 2015
Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
Publication City/Country: Essex, United Kingdom
100 Facts Planet Earth book for kids is bursting with awesome images, great activities and exactly 100 mind-blowing facts. Children will learn everything they need to know about our wonderful planet.
100 Facts Planet Earth book for kids covers key topics about our world in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features detailed illustrations and colourful photographs that bring the text to life for kids.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Planet Earth:
- Where Earth came from and where it is in space
- The layers of Earth, precious materials and preserving the planet
- Natural events, spectacular scenery and what we can learn about the evolution of Earth
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Some fossils of bacteria are 3.5 billion years old.
- The longest stalactite is 59 metres long. The tallest stalagmite is 32 metres tall.
- By the middle of the 21th century, 30-50 percent of all living species may be extinct.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Make salt crystals using table salt, a magnifying glass and a dark-coloured bowl!
- Recreate a geyser eruption using a bucket, plastic funnel and plastic tubing
- Quiz question: What shape is a barchan sand dune?